donderdag 28 maart 2019

GH5 - 2 YEARS LATER (well almost!) and how it changed how I work.

The GH5 is a remarkable camera. It truly is. But like a lot of camera’s there’s always one or two negative things that seem to get talked about more than the positives. The autofocus being the main issue with the GH5, that has been discussed a lot. But the GH5 remains to be one of the best ‘all round’ filmmaking cameras you can get you hands on. I think the main strengths of the GH5 are the in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) and the great formats it can shoot in. I.E. high bitrate, almost loss-less recording and high frame rates. As you’ll see in the video, the GH5 changed everything for me. Up until getting it, I was very much a static tripod style shooter, where I would take my time to compose shots. With the GH5, which I decided to keep un-rigged, I began to shoot videos more like I would shoot photos and that meant I would get a lot more shots. Of course I still used tripods and sliders etc but the majority of my work is now hand-held. Because the battery life is quite good, I don’t attach an external battery either.



To video